This is life

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

My dad is here

My dad is visiting me in England. He is my first visitor in a year and a half. He arrived yesterday morning. I hadn't seen him since June! That is, by far, the longest amount of time I have ever gone without seeing him. He's excited to be here and he went into London today all by himself because I had some other things to do. But tomorrow we are off to the Southeast-Salisbury and Bath and who knows where else...then Hay-on-Wye in Wales, which is a precious little village full of used book shops. There are around 50 used book shops in this town, it's amazing. Wye is the river, so the town is just on the river. I went there for about 2 hours once on a Wales tour...and loved it!! Always have wanted to go back and am looking forward to visiting it again. We'll stay overnight around there and then go to Warwick castle and some other places on Friday-possibly head up to York (another of my fave places) and stay another night. There's just so much to see and do-it's really difficult to decide on what to do or not do. Plus everything is expensive and my dad has always been very frugal, so it's interesting! But we are having a good time and talking and talking! I told him he talks too much. He said he's NEVER heard that before :-) He leaves Wednesday.
Hope you are well and happy and loving life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home