This is life

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Chill

My time in A town thus far can best be described as "chill." It's been really calm and relaxing, zero stress. Nice. Yesterday was fun...Monday night I stayed over at Nikah's apartment and we watched "The Family Man," which I highly recommend-especially this time of year of course! We got up early Tuesday morning and met her mom and another friend/bridesmaid for breakfast at Cracky, and then we were off to look at wedding gowns all day! First we went to a place called Brides, which is just local. Nikah found her dress there and it's gorgeous. It's actually ivory and carmel. It's very elegant and she's tiny so she looks perfect in it. It's a gorgeous dress. She tried on several others, but none of them took our breath away like that one. We went to David's Bridal as well, but nothing seemed as great as the one at Bride's. There was one that she tried on there that I absolutely loved...it brought tears to my eyes actually...but that might also be because she had the veil on and everything for the first time. I'm normally not very emotional, but she's my best friend and she's getting married!! Everything changes. It was fun looking at all of the different dresses, but when I get married I am going to be so indecisive about everything!! I already am about most things, but I like so many different types of dresses and everything, I have no idea what I'm gonna want! Anyway, enough about that. This morning was my nephew's Christmas party at school, so we went to that. I now remember why I am NOT a 4th grade teacher. Anyway, the principal of his school was my high school AP English teacher, so I went and said hello to him. I don't think I've seen him since I graduated 6 1/2 years ago. I always liked him, but he was way too easy. Anyway, if I do move back to Amarillo and teach, he will give me a job, so that's good to know. It's always nice to have back up. That's about it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home