This is life

Friday, December 16, 2005

Two of the Greatest Nights of My Life

Monday and Tuesday night were both spectacular in the life of Lindsey. A while back I bought a couple of tickets to see David Gray on December 12th. Well...about 3 or 4 weeks before the concert, I offered one of the tickets to my friend/the boy I like Jordan. He wanted to go, and finally, Monday night it was finally time. We were really excited! The concert was awesome I thought, I really enjoy Dave's music and I think he has a remarkable voice-fairly unique and really beautiful. I could listen to him sing for a long, long time. His drummer was pretty interesting, in fact, the whole group was quite eccentric. Dave used the f bomb a little too much, like every other word, but he only spoke briefly so whatev. One of the highlights of the concert was when the people standing next to us almost got into a fist fight-a man and woman-over who knows what. All I know is, that woman saw David Gray at Wembley Stadium!! She like yelled that, amongst other things. Gotta love middle aged drunkards at a concert. I also enjoyed it when she was dancing a while later. There's nothing quite like a drunk 40 year old woman's dance. Good times.
Tuesday night was an actual date! I was pretty excited about it. Jordan invited me to go to a show with him, but he wouldn't tell me which one-it was a surprise. Surprises are so fun! We headed up to this Moroccan restaurant that I love and had some seriously great chicken and cous cous...and some seriously great conversation. Jordan asks really good questions and he's an excellent conversationalist. After dinner, we walked around Oxford Circus/Regent Street looking at the spectacular Christmas lights in the area. Very beautiful! The window displays were not, however, so beautiful. They were kind of strange actually and not exceedingly Christmassy. But it was really nice walking around looking at the lights, while being on a date with the boy I like. The time went pretty fast and suddenly it was like pretty much time to be at the show, but we were still at Oxford Circus...so we hailed a taxi-which was not easy at that time of night in that area, and barely made it into the show on time...a couple of minutes after it started. We were both worried that we wouldn't be able to get our tickets, but it was all good and we were on the end of a row, so none of that having to walk in front of all the people and disturbing everyone on the row. The show was The Rat Pack: Christmas Special. If you read my blog, you may know that I went to the Rat Pack regular show a few months ago and loved it. Jord knew I loved it and really like that type of music, so he did well choosing this show. It's such a fun one! After the show we just walked back to Waterloo station-crossed over one of the bridges on the Thames and looked at beautiful London at night. I love London! I'm so blessed that I can just hop on a train and be there in half an hour. It's awesome! So, these were 2 stinkin great nights...great because of the shows, but even greater because of the company.

1 Comments:

At 6:16 AM, Blogger Lindsey Nicole said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home