This is life

Monday, October 17, 2005

Middle School Retreat Addendum

So last week after coming back from the MS retreat, I wasn't sure how much the kids really took from it or learned...or would apply to their own lives. But Tuesday morning I got a call from a mom to tell me that she had gone up to wake her son up and he was already awake-had set his alarm and gotten up-to do a quiet time!!! How awesome is that! She said after he finished breakfast he had 10 minutes extra time so he grabbed his bible to continue his quiet time. She was so excited because this is something she wanted to see happen, but didn't want to push onto him. So that was super encouraging! Then on Wednesday, another mom was telling me that on Sunday night her daughter was writing down scripture memory verses onto 3x5 cards to memorize. Then she saw them in her backpack. Later that afternoon I was driving that same girl home from her soccer game and she was telling me about that and she said that she was using her time on the bus to look at the cards! How great is that! So those were two very encouraging reports to hear! Just reminded me that I have no idea what kids are being reached or when or how....but things are happening.

1 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Blogger Lindsey Nicole said...

Hi friends, thanks for posting! What is up with these random blog ad things that are allowed to be posted??? This never used to happen. Anyway, Darren-thanks for the encouragement, my faithful friend. Hope you are fantastic and not too stressed out this mid-term month. Dayna, sorry school is sucky, but you are so close to finished!! I'd like to see you at Christmas! So excited for ya going to NYC for that missions trip, it sounds awesome and you will have a fabulous time and be blessed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home