This is life

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Life as a Youth Worker

So life as a youth worker is interesting...a youth worker does many things. Yesterday I added a new thing to my list...driving instructor. Yes. Brittany Taylor is 17 and is learning to drive. Here in Britain you can't drive until 17. She had only taken 1 lesson and she asked me to take her to this neighborhood called Burwood Park-where I used to live actually-and let her drive around in there for practice. Wow. Scary. She sometimes drove in the grass and the turns were probably the scariest part. It was really funny. Very interesting to be in the car with someone that had only ever driven once before...and had never even reversed. She reversed once and that was...fun. But I really believe that by the end of the 20ish minutes, she had improved a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home