This is life

Monday, September 05, 2005

Lately...

So it's been a couple of weeks since I have posted-things have been super busy busy since school started back and all the kids are back. Getting back into the swing of things is a bit tough after summer! My free time quickly fills up and leaves a very small amount of "Lindsey time" open. But I think that's the way I like it. What's been going on here? Well 0ur new youth worker, Andy, got here about 3 weeks ago. He is from Belfast, Ireland. He's awesome! Really excited about being here and working with these kids, and great to work with. We get along well and have a lot in common, so it's a good working environment. Sadly, Megen is out. She has finished her time of employment with ICC and is doing a bit of traveling before heading back to Cali the end of September. She will be GREATLY missed!
Had our first Ignite (high school youth) last week at Starbucks, and it went really well. Didn't have a mass amount of kids, so just kinda chilled out and chatted about summer and life in general. My boyfriend Pete played a bunch of his songs and some other covers for us, which was awesome! Kids, coffee shop, live music...what's better?
Yesterday was incredibly beautiful and perfect weather-and it just so happened that we were having a pool party and bbq in the afternoon at the Zinsmeisters MAGNIFICENT new home. God totally blessed us with the weather cause today, not so good. But the 3 previous=perfect. Anyway, we had around 30 kids come out and swim, play volleyball, tennis, and eat some skinny England size hot dogs. It was a great day. The day before was my 24th birthday...which was also a great day. Pete came down Friday and we hung out in London-went to Camden market for lunch and shopping...he got me some great new Aldo leather flip flops for my bday. Then we hopped on a little boat for a cruise on the canals down through Regent's Park and on to Little Venice-then back to Camden. It was really nice. Then we went for a drink at Belgo's-they have a bazillion types of Belgian beers, many fruit beers...I had mango. Yum. I don't actually like beer, but Belgo's fruit beers are fab. After that we headed back home to the Mellgard's to celebrate my bday with the fam. Emily and Erica (one of my youth) made me an awesome dinner-Pasta with mushrooms, homemade focaccia bread, the best salad ever, and CARROT CAKE for dessert. My goodness was that wonderful. Then we had a competitive game of UNO attack, in which I was badly defeated. I was the big loser. Saturday Pete and I headed up to London and did a London Walk around Little Venice. It's such a beautiful area. Got to see where J.K. Rowling and Michael Flatly, Lord of the Dance, live. Saw where lots of other famous Brits live too, but these were the only 2 names I recognized. The walk was cool. That evening we met up with some other friends for dinner at the Texas Embassy. I love that place...just like being in America again, almost. After the embassy we were supposed to go swing dancing, but it started at 8 and I had actually hoped to be there around then, but that didn't happen-plus we couldn't find the place FOREVER so we didn't end up going. We actually did finally stumble upon the Rhythm Lounge, but opted not to go in so late as it was £10. We will be back, that's for sure. So the bday was good times.
I guess that wraps up what's been going on here. Hope your day is full of SONshine!

2 Comments:

At 2:32 AM, Blogger Lindsey Nicole said...

Wow! Thanks for all the posts friends! I always check to see if I have a comment, but it usually says 0...but today it said 4!! Yay! Darren, even though the call wasn't perfect timing, it was sooo nice to hear from you! Thank you for calling.
Megen, the boat ride was fun, but I don't know if it's worth it for the 1 day in London. Tough call. Prob do a walk instead.
Torie, yeah I'm usually anti boyfriend, but yes Pete is a good one, worthy of the term "boyfriend." Birthday party in a box is a great idea, I think I may do that sometime for someone!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Lindsey Nicole said...

Who's pocket diesel?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home