This is life

Friday, July 22, 2005

6 miles...42 minutes

Reasons I hate England:


  • Traffic-it just took me 42 minutes to drive 6 miles at 2 in the afternoon. Now if this were a once in a while occurance, okay, but this happens practically ever day.
  • It takes 4 days to deposit a check. You CANNOT cash a check ever apparently.
  • You cannot park at the store you want to go to, you park in a garage, which you usually pay for...and it can be almost impossible to find a spot in these garages much of the time.
  • Petrol costs about $5 a gallon-making it about $75 to fill up my '89 VW Golf
  • I now FULLY understand the reasoning behind the large plate of glass that separates the customer from the bank teller. I almost had a thrown down fight today with the teller over the fact that the back of my credit/debit card says "see i.d." as opposed to just signing my signature. My reasoning behind this is that if my card gets taken ANYONE can easily forge my signature, so I like to sign with a little reminder for the cashier to ask for the i.d. in which case the alleged thief would be caught!! But she was very adament about the fact that I did NOT read the fine print under terms and conditions and if I had, I would know that my card is invalid because it is not SIGNED.
  • Ridiculously narrow roads in which massive trucks drive down toward me...basically the whole driving thing and everything it entails. Except roundabouts, I LOVE roundabouts!
  • The weather
  • The lack of Mexican food
  • Drunk people on the trains/tubes at night

That's about it for now I think. Luckily there are many more reasons why I LOVE England and the whole UK!!!

1 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger Lindsey Nicole said...

I'm sure if I lived in London, I would be less stressed since driving accounts for most of my stress in this country.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home