This is life

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Back in town

I would like to say that I arrived safely back to England with minimal problems. Had an airport issue when I went to fly out-apparently my reservation had not been paid for and was canceled, so I had to fork out $940 for one way on the spot. It went to my credit card. Don't worry, it will be reimbursed, but it just stinks cause I had booked such a cheap return trip that didn't get taken care of. No comment. Anyway, my time home was great. Sort of bittersweet though-time in Texas was great, but South Dakota was just okay. I just wish I had more time with my grandma and other fam from Arizona, but it was great to spend some time with them at least and a lot of time with my immediate family. Kinda boring, but not horrible-other than the breakdown in Liberal, Kansas. My 2 days in Amarillo flew by and then San Antonio was the highlight. I really like San Antone a lot. It was good fun and Sofia came which was greatness. Shane and Beth are just so fun and we have a great time together. I look forward to living near them in the future and hanging out lots and lots. The best part was floating on the Guadalupe for 3 hours. My shins got extremely sunburned (for me) and hurt for a week, but man, that was the best day ever. The other greatest thing was eating tons and tons of Mexican food all weekend in preparation for coming back to the country that is void of any great tasting Mexi. So thank you Shane, Beth, and Sofia for allowing me to choose the restaurants all weekend and eat Mexi every meal! Being back in London has been okay, but a little lonely since Dustin and Travis are gone. I was in the office all alone for a couple days and it was pretty uneventful. But now I am in Edinburgh! Just arrived this morning...so now I will go off and explore the city!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home