This is life

Sunday, May 15, 2005

David Hasselhoff stole my wallet?!

Well, maybe HE wasn't the one, but all in a day I did see David Hasselhoff at a market in London and my wallet did get stolen. It was an eventful day. Got up early Saturday a.m. and went to the gym at 8 o'clock, but I guess I forgot that this is England and the open hours of businesses are not necessarily for YOUR convenience. So sadly, the gym was not open. Now, I could have gone home and jogged or something, but I was so close to Starbucks...I thought, "I could go to Starbucks and sit and read for an hour." So I did. What a lovely morning. Then at 11 I headed into London with my new friend Erica. We were making our first ever trip to Borough market. This is an all food market that I have been hearing about for some time now, and I was quite excited to go. You see, I had heard about these incredible grilled cheese sandwiches at Borough market, made with this specific Montgomery cheese and sourdough bread-only available at Neal's Yard Dairy store. There are a few other special ingredients. Anyway, Erin and I were desperately searching for the grilled cheese stand, but had no luck. Then we saw the Neal's Yard Dairy store like a beacon in the night, and headed directly over. Upon arrival we were told that the grilled cheese sandwiches were no longer being made-as of 2 weeks ago-and wouldn't be back until September! Serious bummer. We settled for a chorizo sandwich instead. Chorizo sandwich-doesn't sound yummy does it? But this chorizo was very different, actually nothing like the chorizo I know (thankfully) and the sandwich was fantastic. It's a small roll with the meat and some rocket (a type of lettuce stuff) and roasted red pepper. Surprisingly great. Anyway...I forgot to say that right after we exited the tube and were on the street next to the market, just about to start in, was when we saw David and some other guy. I looked up and there he was. Much taller than I would have imagined. Handsome, but aged. He said to the other guy, "I wish I would've brought my hat." That's all. Then over the next hour as we scanned the market we heard random people making comments about David Hasselhoff. He was the talk of the market. Apparently he and Brooke Shields are in the Chicago musical in London. After the market we headed to Oxford Circus because Erica wanted to do some shopping. Unfortunately, I ended up doing most of the shopping. So what's new? I only made a purchase at H&M, but seriously, everything there is well worth the price. Well, about 3 hours later we were at Dorothy Perkins (my other fave store) and I was getting a new purse (an amazing bright pink huge awesome wonderful perfect in every way purse) for only £18!!!! So I reached in my little purse for my wallet-but it didn't seem to be there. I searched my bag and my purse, but the wallet was gone. So I immediately called and cancelled the cards. One credit card, my bankcard, and about £40. It could've been so much worse, it could've been my driver's license and all sorts of stuff, but I carry that stuff separately. Don't worry, I still got the pink purse-Erica's great and she loaned me the cash.

4 Comments:

At 4:16 AM, Blogger Lindsey Nicole said...

that was funny, it made me laugh out loud! so excited to get you friday!

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger Lindsey Nicole said...

disregard any statements made by Travis, he's a compulsive "white liar" and he has no friends

 
At 2:13 AM, Blogger Lindsey Nicole said...

Torie-wasiteasy is my friend Darren from Denton. I'm sure you've heard me talk about him plenty and I think you may have met him. Didn't you go to the lake with us for 4th of July or something when some of my friends came? He was there. Anyway, he's moving here (London) for 3 months and I pick him up Friday!

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Lindsey Nicole said...

MUCH better travis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home