This is life

Monday, April 18, 2005

Best News I've Heard All Day

I just read that the "Wedding Singer" is being made into a Broadway musical, and will open in 2006. How great is that!! Now I have to go back to NYC! So anyway, last night I gave my first ever talk at DV8. I did the Taco of God-which Megen did at Ignite several weeks ago. I changed it a bit though. The article "The Taco of God" actually came from Relevant Magazine. It's like the best mag ever and you can look at it online or subscribe. It's greatness. So anyway, I cooked tacos again for the kids. We had 20 middle schoolers. They were outta control crazy last night for some reason. More than usual it seemed. The talk went pretty well though, they seemed to really listen and pay attention and everything. I felt good about it, I really wasn't nervous or anything, so it was a good experience overall. I'm glad it went well because I'm going to be in charge of DV8 every Sunday in the fall. In a couple of weeks I have to talk at Ignite, which is really scary for me! But I am sort of excited about it because we're doing Film Fest 2005: How Movies Saved My Soul!! So I am going to screen "The Goonies." And I love the Goonies!!
Had a good weekend. Pretty relaxing and nice. I feel like I've been so busy lately, it was nice to be home and chill out a bit. Friday morning I had breakfast with my friend Chris. That was fun-I love to go out for breakfast, but I never have here because English breakfast really is not yummy. But we went to this diner that has American style pancakes. English pancakes are usually much thinner than American ones. Other than that I did the usual, worked out, hung out, read, watched Felicity, babysat...but then Saturday night was the big highlight! Fajitas at the Riley's. Greg and Vicky Riley are the people that Megen lives with...and they make the best fajitas this side of the Atlantic. They even make the tortillas from scratch. It's an amazing experience. This is the second time I have been so blessed as to experience fajitas at the Riley's. They do it for the youth interns and we love them for it.
That's about all that's going on here...got a busy week ahead as usual. Should be good. Hope you have a great week! Thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home