This is life

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Just in case you think that Cinco de Mayo is a celebration of Mexican Independence Day, let me save you the humiliation of embarassing yourself by stating that misinformation...Mexican Independence Day is actually diez y seis de Septiembre (aka September 16th). Cinco de Mayo is the day that Mexico defeated France at the battle of Puebla!! In celebration of this great holiday, Erin and I are throwing a fiesta Friday night! We love Mexican food, but it is hard to find in this beautiful country. So we are teaming up with Lisa Mellgard (the family that I live with) and making some yummy Mexican food and margaritas. Erin an I invited a few of our friends and Lisa invited several of her married couple friends. It's gonna be an awesome party. The couples are each bringing something, so we will truly have a fiesta.

5 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Blogger MR said...

Hi: site looks great. How did you do the makepovertyhistory.org banner at upper right? Very cool.

 
At 2:28 AM, Blogger Lindsey Nicole said...

Darren, is that a multicolored striped shirt you are wearing? How fun is that! Are you stepping out in fashion? I love it!

 
At 2:36 AM, Blogger Lindsey Nicole said...

Torie, I never saw any posts at all...strange. Can you repost? I love reading comments! How's Macie Faith? I will be home in June to visit!

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Lindsey Nicole said...

What is kiddie corner anyway? Kiddie? How does kiddie describe a location in space. Isn't that strange. Well, I looked it up anyway. It turns out that kiddie-as travis spelled it-is actually kitty-cornered, which comes from catty-cornered, which comes from cater-corned, which means "in a diagonal position." So there you have it.

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Lindsey Nicole said...

Oh, and in regard to the "man of her dreams" comment made by Travis, I can only say that I am speechless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home