This is life

Monday, May 09, 2005

Relevant

I just read a really great article on relevantmagazine.com, my fave online mag. My fave print mag too really! Anyway, the article is about how we as Christians do not have to live a traditional, ordinary life. An ordinary life is great; finish school, get a good job, settle down and get married, have kids, etc. This is perfect for so many people and that's commendable! But for some, it isn't their right path. It isn't what God necessarily has in store for all of us. Or maybe it is, but for a little later on in life. So the article is about stepping out on faith to follow what God has for us...which could be anything, anywhere! Sometimes the future is so unclear and many of us experience this "fear of the unknown;" the unsettling thoughts about the future and what it holds. I especially felt this way when I was graduating from university. But so many times we just have to make ourselves completely open to what God has for us, even if it is way different than what we had planned for or thought it would be...Lord knows I absolutely did not see myself in the position I am in now. Yes, I definitely wanted to live overseas and experience life elsewhere, but I sure never thought I would be working full time for a church as a youth intern. That took a step of faith for many reasons, but especially because I wasn't sure that I was really equipped for the job. Could I really prepare and give talks to groups of teenagers? All on my own? But that's just it...I am not all on my own. God gives me the strength and the words and everything I need to do this ministry. He leads me. I decided to take that step of faith, out of the ordinary, and to bloom where I am planted. And because of it I have been extremely blessed.

1 Comments:

At 2:31 AM, Blogger Lindsey Nicole said...

Hi Torie! I love your life! You have a wonderful husband, a beautiful healthy precious baby girl, a job that you enjoy, and a house that you own. Your life is awesome! I would be so happy if I was in your life too, it's just not the path God had for me. I love that though, how we are able to have a great life no matter what we're doing really-as long as we're living for Christ. It's fantastic. I know that wherever he takes me, I will be super happy and blessed. I just don't know if he's gonna take me back to A town for the long haul! I'm excited to see you and that precious Macie in June!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home