This is life

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

My days in England are coming to an end...

So I finally decided that I will not be returning to my current job after summer. A week ago I was really undecided still and praying about it...but I feel that God let me know last Thursday that it was time for me to move on. He just has really put a peace in my heart about it. I'm excited to get onto my next adventure....which will be: a) going to Africa (Swaziland) in September for probably 3 months. b) becoming an au pair in Australia/New Zealand for a while. I will probably go to Africa because I can do Australia after that. I have been looking at au pair jobs with Australia in mind, but I have found a couple of pretty cool opportunities in the states. One is in Oregon and looks like awesome, the other is in southern California, right on the coast. There's another au pair job in the Cayman Islands that looks pretty sweet as well. So who knows what's in store next. I do know I'm not ready to be back in Texas yet...still have too much other stuff to do before I settle into a career of any sort. The way I see it-I will be in a career for years and years after I settle down, so probably will not have these kinds of opportunities...so as long as I'm still single I think I'll continue on with some other adventures. Basically, what I'm saying is that I'm a Yeppie (Young Experimenting Perfection-Seeker - they are all about collecting as many experiences as possible). Yes, I am a yeppie. I am an "experience junkie." I had never heard of yeppies until Megen showed me an article from the London Times describing what a yeppie is-because she thought that we were yeppies (except not completely, only somewhat). There are 2 articles about yeppies from the Times. The shorter one is here and this the longer one. They define yeppies as people who "are life shoppers who browse careers, relationships and lifestyles in search of the dream existence, putting off grown-up decisions and commitments until they are satisfied they have exhausted all the options. " This is why I say I am only somewhat a yeppie...I am an experience seeker, but I realize that there is no "dream existence" and I know that I will be happy wherever I live because I will always be walking with the Lord and I trust that He will always bless me with great friendships and His provision. That's all I have to say about that.

1 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger Lindsey Nicole said...

i dont have time right now to give a proper reply to your awesomeness, but my email is my first and then middle name and 777@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home