This is life

Saturday, May 19, 2007

My Two Week Holiday

It’s always so strange/difficult to write a blog after not having written for a while because so much happens in between and then I can’t possibly write it all or think of it all so it becomes a boring blog to read. Oh well. Here is my update. My dad and stepmom and Darren, my boyf, all arrived in Bulembu April 25th and we headed out on our wild road trip adventure the 26th. It was awesome. We probably did too much in too little of a time though, because almost every place we went I felt like I wanted to spend about 5 days in…not only a few hours or one day. We didn’t spend much time in Swaziland. Headed down to a province called KwaZulu Natal to visit a Zulu village and a game park for a day safari. Good stuff. The game park was super beautiful with rolling green hills and trees. We saw lots of animals-elephants, monkeys, giraffes, rhinos, wildebeest, birds, impalas, warthogs…and who knows what else. Safaris are fun. Went to Durban for 2 nights and I got to see my South African friend Sarah, so that was really nice. We stayed at a great hostel that was across the street from the beach. Very nice. It had several different little cabins/buildings and the bathroom was up at the highest point so you actually had an amazing view of the coast from the showers!! From there we went to the greatest place ever, Cintsa. This place must be the best kept secret of SA. What an amazing location!! We stayed at the greatest hostel EVER, which was situated on a hill-again it was many separate cottages. The main office/house had balconies with incredible views of the lagoon and the ocean. So did the breakfast/dinner room. They had a private lagoon where you could use their free kayaks. They offered yoga classes, surf lessons, sand volleyball, a climbing wall, a great pool and sundeck, and a secluded beach. What more could you ask for? It sounds like I just completed an advert for them huh? Well they did hire me as their new marketing manager. Obviously. Anyway, the place was stellar and I would like to return there for 6 months to work and live, but that is an unlikely dream. The trip after that mainly consisted of the Garden Route, which is probably the most beautiful part of the country. I don’t know for sure, but I think it must be. Mountains, forest, ocean. Unbelievable natural beauty everywhere!!! My dad bungy jumped off the highest bungy jump bridge in the world!!! 216 meters. It was madness. I felt so proud! My dad. What a guy. My stomach turned just looking out at the massive gorge and not even having to be near it. I could not believe that people even WALKED on the bridge, but to JUMP off?? Crazy.
Capetown was pretty rad. It’s such a cool city because of the location. The main part of the city lays at the foot of Table Mountain and stretches out to the coast. How great is that. It reminded us of San Francisco. Darren and I got to stay there for 6 days, which was perfect because there is so much to do. I think we both could have stayed longer though. It would be a nice place to live because there are several great beaches and beautiful areas and lots of cool stuff to do. Unfortunately there is a lot of crime there. It’s pretty bad. We actually didn’t experience it personally until the last day we were there, luckily…otherwise we probably wouldn’t have had as nice a time. The last day we were walking down a busy street and a guy came next to Darren and kept asking him for money. He repeatedly said he couldn’t give the guy any, but then the guy said something like “don’t make me use a knife” or something to that effect…luckily I did not hear him say that but I did try and tug Darren’s arm to pull him away from the guy because he was walking way to close to Darren and hassling him. We got away without any problems.
So now I am back in the Bu and busy working working working! It’s nice to be with my housemates again, but sadly we are one short-Cass went back to the states for a month and a half-hopefully! She should be back mid June after God provides all the money she needs for the year. We miss her dearly because she is pretty much the funniest girl ever. So we are praying that Cass and Gennie return June 14th together so our little house will be full of laughter again! The end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home