This is life

Monday, February 26, 2007

Is This My Life or a Reality TV Show

Sometimes my housemates and I wonder about this very question. Life in the Bu is simply different from ANYWHERE else. We are certain of that. Unfortunately, it’s indescribable in full, but lets just take this evening for example (but realizing of course that events, happenings, occurrences similar to this and weirder and just random odd things happen almost daily). So we got home around 8 p.m. tonight and there was this massive spider on the ceiling of the bathroom. Spider was busy eating a moth. The spider was first seen this a.m. behind/above the toilet. He hung around all day. So the 3 girls in that room wanted to kill him so they could get to sleep. But how exactly? What would be the best approach? Well, first Gennie (who is not quite 5 feet tall) decides she’ll climb up on a shelf and somehow jump and get the spider or something like that. We decide against that since she’s very short and the shelf would probably break anyway. We decide that Cass, the tallest, will spray the spider with RAID to disorient him and then he’ll get the broom. Everyone goes to their places. I am recording the entire thing on video and so is Kara, Gennie is waiting with another broom in hand, Julie just stays out and watches. Cass stands on the edge of the tub and sprays the RAID, which makes the crazy spider scurry away a bit and then fall from the ceiling to the floor, where Gennie attacks him with the broom. It was all very exciting and there was a lot of screaming and commotion. It was a huge, 20 minute long ordeal. It may not sound that exciting, but I think the size of the spider and the way it was handled made it very exciting. The whole time, there was a gecko on the wall witnessing, but we just left him alone. Then I walk into my bedroom and up to my bed where I see a little lizard run across my bed and jump onto the floor. This freaks me out way more than the spider because I HATE LIZARDS. They move so fast, it’s creepy. So we continue in the killing/capturing of creatures. I’m yelling, so they all run into my room with brooms and the flashlight. The lizard was under my bed and he disappeared into a hole for a while, but finally resurfaced and then Julie captured him in a cup and released him outside. Thank goodness. So after all of that, we were able to go to sleep in semi-peace.
Life just doesn’t seem normal when you find yourself casually saying things like "Could someone please get the DOG OUT of the classroom?" and "Look at how much of my bread the rat ate today." and "The rooster woke me up at 2 o’clock this morning, AGAIN." AND "We can’t play soccer until the cows get off the field." And "Let’s walk to the border in the morning." I am telling you, life in the Bu is like NO OTHER.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home