This is life

Friday, February 02, 2007

Back to Africa

I am in Africa again. It’s so beautiful!! Mountain after mountain covered in green grass and trees. It looks nothing like Texas! I am on a bus right now as I write this on my laptop. It’s a pretty bumpy ride, but the bus is nice and clean. It’s a private bus, not like the stereotypical African overcrowded ones. Candice and I are headed to a town called Nelspruit, SA. We are staying the night there and in the morning someone from Bulembu will fetch us. I am excited about getting back now, but much work lies ahead.
We have next week to prepare and then school starts February 5th.
I don’t really have much to say now. The past 5 days I was in England and it was wonderful. I had forgotten how much I loved it there. I miss it very much. I got to go on a couple of long walks in the countryside, which was always one of my very favorite things to do when I lived there. And pubs!!! Oh pubs are so great. They are so warm and quaint. I miss them very much too! Well not all of them. Some of them don’t have any character, but the ones in the little villages in the country usually do. So great. I caught up with lots of people too, which was fab. Got to spend some good quality time with Emily and Lisa Mellgard, whom I used to live with. I also got to visit with two of my favorite kids from the youth group-Emily and Robin. Another family who has moved on happened to be there visiting for the week, so I got to catch up with them also. Went to the women’s bible study group I used to attend and it’s a whole new group. The area and church is always transitioning and I really saw it in that group. But it was so nice to see those familiar faces and do some catching up. The fundraising has been excellent as well. I knew God would provide because He always does, no doubt. He has provided well for me and for many of the children in Bulembu. I am blessed to have very generous people in my life. That’s it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home