This is life

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Who Am I?

I am a mother to some of these motherless children, a friend to everyone, a teacher to my class, a lifeguard to the students of our school, a missionary of the Lord, a discipler to Ncobile, Nomvula, and Fikelephi, a traveler of the world, a follower and disciple of Christ, a student of everyone and everything around me, a work in progress, a photographer of the things I see, a cook for “my family,” a piece of clay being formed and reformed, a writer of my life and experiences, a counselor to these children, a leader, a follower, a woman.
It depends on the day and the time and the moment…but at one point or another I am one or many of these things everyday. I am learning so much in my life. I am learning about myself. I am learning about others. I am learning about God. I am being stretched sometimes more than I could have imagined I would be stretched. I am being challenged all of the time. I am working hard. I am building relationships. I am forming unbreakable bonds. I am constantly learning. I am experiencing life abundantly and I am loving it. (Most of the time anyway).
I am dependent on Jesus Christ. I truly rely on him for my strength. He is my provider. He is my counselor, friend, teacher. So things are good.

2 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Lindsey Nicole said...

torie, i just almost cried. i would have cried if i wasn't emotionally constipated. but i am. thank you so much!! you are too sweet. i miss you lots. i will email you soon my dear!

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger POP said...

Great commentary, Princess. You can be confident that we admire your good works in a world of folks who so often do so little personally to help others outside their own immediate family, and that too often only when required.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home