This is life

Monday, July 10, 2006

My week of bliss came to a grinding halt...

Everything was absolutely wonderful in every way...until Sunday. It wasn't a completely horrible day, it was just a wasted day really. Bologna is not my favorite place. Basically I woke up early on sunday and was hoping to leave the hostel by 8-8:30, but the guy was late arriving so I wasn't able to checkout. But he was there are 8:30 which meant I could check out and still catch the ferry, but he said no the ferry was going on strike at 9 for the whole day and I couldn't get it. But I saw the ferry and I said "it's there, i can still get it" but he said "no it will not leave Menaggio because of the strike. I needed to get the ferry to get across to the train to make for a shorter trip than taking the bus all the way down to Como. Well he was wrong and the ferry did leave, without me. So I had to wait 2 hours for the bus, then an hour trip down to Como, then wait another hour for the train to Bologna, changed at one place and had to wait half an hour...so I finally got to Bologna at about 5 on a Sunday and Sundays in Italy are not a lot of fun-everything is closed. So I didn't even know where to go to see anything and so I gave up and went for the hostel. The hostel was actually more like a hotel which was pretty sweet and I made a new Australian friend. We played some mean table tennis and watched the Italy v. France game and Italy won!!! You should have heard the cheers and then the fireworks. Then this morning because of staying just outside of town and because of busses and everything I did not make the early train to Tuscany, so had to wait a couple hours...so thought I would go to the old town center in Bologna and see what there was. Turns out I don't care for the city much. It has some really nice and beautiful and interesting buildings, but it also mostly smelled of pee or poo (haha) like everywhere I was walking. Dirty. I'm sure it has some charm to offer but I was in a bad mood I think because of my wasted day and a half. I finally arrived at my hostel in Tuscany though and it's quite a place. I'm lovin it and I sooooo wish I had just skipped over Bologna altogether and come straight here. Oh well, no use crying over whatever. But I think tomorrow I am going to do a cooking class and go on a bike ride. Then the next night I will meet Nikki in Rome. So, one wasted day isn't so bad in the grand scheme right?? Thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home